Tote bags are making a comeback! Tote bags are becoming more popular as people aim to decrease their usage of plastic bags. Many grocery businesses use canvas tote bags, which they must personalize with their logos to make them a unique brand product. They’re making their place in the current fashion trends too. A tote bag can be transformed from a dull, drab fabric tote bag to a lively, gorgeous, and elegant Sublimation tote bag by sublimating your favourite design, photo, or anything else.
Tote bags are by far the most practical way to carry your belongings. They’re almost invincible. That is why you must make certain that you purchase the appropriate sublimated totes.
- Sublimation Printer
- High-quality Sublimation inks and papers
- Tote bags blank
- Printed Design
- Digital Heat press
- Lint roller
- Heat-resistant tape
- Butcher paper (You’ll need two pieces of butcher paper, one for the middle of the bag and the other for the top while pressing it, only to preserve your ink. Although the tote bags do not appear to bleed in the middle, we recommend applying butcher paper just in case.)
What kind of Bags We Can Sublimate?
You can sublimate polyester tote bags. They are easily available in stores. Although it is trickier to sublimate on nylon bags, you can also sublimate nylon. Nylon bags are only easily available in some stores. To order in bulk quantity with cheaper price Dhgate is best option to buy tote bags.
How to Make Sublimation Tote bags?
Purchase Reusable polyester tote bags that are ideal for Dye-sublimation printing. Get them in linen or white, easter bags, Halloween candy, or grocery bags. Prepare them for sublimation as they arrive at your door; the method is outlined below.
Print your design using any sublimation inkjet printer, and Prepare your bag for sublimation.
Roll over the bag with your lint roller;
If you don’t, you’ll get specs and other things you don’t want on your product, so always roll. Before putting the bag on the heat press, place butcher paper and a pressing pillow inside the tote bag(If you don’t know how to use a heat press pillow, follow this tutorial). The butcher paper will absorb any stray ink while pressing. Turn the bag upside down so that the straps face you, and then push the tucked ends outwards to create a clear and equally spaced image. Place the bag on the heat press and head on to prepress.
Place tote bag on Heat press
Place the other butcher paper on top of the bag and prepress it for almost 20 seconds to flatten the creases. Put your bag back in the machine for a few minutes if it’s still wrinkly–another 20 seconds is recommended.
Place Butcher paper above the tote bag
Please wait a few more moments for it to cool down.
Now, Place your design in the middle and use the straps to centre it. Make sure the design is straight and centred; you may use a guillotine paper cutter. Tape down your printed image’s corners with heat tape and cover it with butcher paper.
Centre the Design
Tape the design
Press it for 60 seconds at 385 degrees. Wear heat-resistant gloves while peeling your design. Roll it with the lint roller and shake it until it’s cool, removing all the press lines.
Now, You have your incredibly cute and colorful tote bag.
I have described the complete procedure. Still, you can follow this video if there is any problem understanding this procedure.
Market Size Growth
Due to plastic pollution and alarming health hazards rising day by day due to the usage of plastic, people consider using cotton or fabric tote bags for grocery or other needs. Many reputable organizations are working to eradicate plastic from the environment and promote tote bags. Tote bags are trending these days, and students equally prefer to take tote bags to go around.
Care and maintenance During sublimation tote bags
- Use polyester tote bags.
- To avoid any complications, use butcher paper.
- It should be pressed for almost 20 seconds.
- Before pressing, make sure your bag is straight.
- Tuck the bags ‘ ends outwards to make the operation go more smoothly.
- Trim the edges of the paper finely to ensure the paper is clean because Experts advise customers to trim or cut every edge of the paper before pressing. It is done due to the common reason of the edges of the paper getting caught by the printing head during printing. As a result, the ink will sit on the edges, which in turn will transfer onto your design.
- Place the pressing pillow and one sheet of butcher paper inside the tote bag before pressing. The butcher paper will absorb any stray ink when pressing.
- Sometimes transfer paper sticks with tote bags. You can reduce the occurrence of this thing by reducing the temperature and pressing time so that the bag does not melt and stick with the design.
A Sublimation Tote Bag is a great way to carry your stuff. Whether shopping at a supermarket or a marketplace, you can always carry them around. The best part is that they eliminate the need for plastic shopping bags. You can also play a part in maintaining environmental safety. These sublimation tote bags are simple to make and require no upkeep. Sublimation Tote Bags have numerous advantages, including that they are recyclable.
Hi, I’m Talha Bhatti founder and director of Printershome. As a Leading Author and Writer, I found a huge gap in studying the quality and variety of the printers. My Main goal is to help potential users find the solution to their problems, solve their queries with quality assurance and focus on the perfect solutions.